George L. Arnold (1852 – 1914) was the manager of New Palmdale/West Palmdale. He had also previously been involved with the Big Rock Creek area in 1890 and owned the Arnold Development Company, which claimed responsibility for bringing water to the area.
Arnold had also previously been a Los Angeles bank cashier, the Treasurer of the California Baseball League in 1893, and a member of the state’s board of equalization from the Fourth District from 1895 to 1898.
"Gurba, Norma H. Legendary Locals of the Antelope Valley. Arcadia, 2013.
Photo courtesy of MOAH Collections"