This United States Postal Service building opened in 1940. Still in use today, it is located next to the Western Hotel at the northeast corner of Cedar Avenue and Lancaster Boulevard. It was part of the Federal Works Agency program and cost $75,000 to construct.
This collection of photos shows the dedication of the post office with Judge McNeil is at the podium, and postmaster L.C.Rowe (second from the left). It also shows Lancaster pioneer, Susie Oldham Davis, retrieving her first mail at the new downtown post office. Lastly, there are modern photos of the post office as it stands today.
"Gurba, Norma H. Lancaster. Arcadia, 2005.
Photo courtesy of MOAH Collections"