By the year 1914, Lancaster and surrounding settlements continued to grow at a rapid pace. With the completion of the aqueduct a year prior, many more people began settling in the area. Due to this growth in the local population, larger high school quarters, and more teachers were required. A $60,000 bond was used for the creation of a new high school in 1915. The high school was situated on 20 acres of land that were purchased from B.F. Carter. Located far away from the center of Lancaster at the time, many people would come to abhor the decision to build the newer high school on the outskirts of town.
"Gurba, Norma H. Lancaster. Arcadia, 2005.
Photo courtesy of MOAH Collections"