This photo (c. 1910) shows the Western Hotel with the Oldham's Lancaster Bakery in the foreground.
The two-story structure was once moved from Big Rock to Lancaster by Aaron Oldham and his wife Susie Oldham Davis. For the move to occur, the building had to be deconstructed and then carried across the desert in wagons.
It was later reassembled on Lancaster Boulevard, where it survived until the late 1940s or early 1950s
MOAH Collections and SCVHistory.com